You are not logged in.

Announcement

we want just ice

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2016-12-10 03:25:18

cherry452

For Sergio Santos and Steve Delabar

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Bob Baffert is down to one horse for the Kentucky Derby after early 6-1 second choice Hoppertunity was scratched Thursday because of a sore left front foot. The colt was to have been ridden Saturday by Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith. "Bad news travels fast," Baffert said outside his barn, where onlookers gathered as word spread around Churchill Downs. "The horse is OK. Hes just not 100 per cent and its too close to the race, so I pulled the plug." Baffert first noticed signs something wasnt quite right on Wednesday, when Hoppertunity took a few steps. The inside quarter of his left foot was sore, so part of his shoe was cut off. As the colt walked to warm up, he didnt appear bothered. But Baffert decided to scratch him anyway. Hoppertunity will have a full scan Thursday to eliminate any other possible problems than a sore foot, which will be soaked. In a bit of gallows humour, Baffert joked, "We missed a Hoppertunity." He said the colt could return in time for the Preakness on May 17. Churchill Downs oddsmaker Mike Battaglia revised the Derby morning line odds, although California Chrome remained the favourite at 5-2. Wicked Strong, the colt named for the victims of last years Boston Marathon bombings, replaced Hoppertunity as the early second choice at 6-1. Arkansas Derby winner Danza and Intense Holiday were installed as the co-third choices at 8-1. Tapiture was made the fifth choice at 12-1. The odds for Candy Boy were lowered to 15-1 from 20-1. Louisiana Derby winner Vicars In Trouble, to be ridden by Rosie Napravnik, dropped to 20-1 from 30-1. Smith will still be busy on Derby day, ridding in seven of the 13 races on the card. "I could still have a pretty good day," he said. "Id rather lose it this way than something happen on the track." The scratch moved also-eligible horse Pablo Del Monte into the maximum 20-horse field. However, the 50-1 shot would have to start from the No. 20 post position. It wasnt immediately known if Pablo Del Montes owners want to start under that condition. "Its amazing to have the opportunity to run," said Wesley Ward, who trains and co-owns the colt. "With my 25 per cent there is nothing Id love better, with a horse that I bred, than to run. But I have to go with what my partners want to do." The original plan for Pablo Del Monte, who was third in the Blue Grass, was to wait for the Preakness. His other owners are in Europe, and Ward expected to learn their decision later Thursday or early Friday. Hoppertunity had drawn the No. 11 post. With his scratch, the other horses in the outside starting gate all moved up one spot. Blue Grass winner Dance With Fate will now break from the 11th spot. Baffert has another horse in the race, 20-1 shot Chitu. That colt also has had foot problems and recently threw one of his shoes. "Ive had a lot of luck here," said Baffert, a three-time Derby winner, "so I cant really complain." Swingman Anthony Davis Jersey . Russia has spent about $51 billion to deliver the Sochi Olympics, which run Feb. 7-23, making them the most expensive games ever, even though as a winter event it hosts many fewer athletes than summer games do. Jrue Holiday Jersey . Over the course of his career Glenn is 79-71-1 in 151 starts for a .526 career winning percentage. Since becoming a Stampeder, he has elevated his play and raised his stock around the league. http://www.shoppelicansonline.com/Authe … ns-Jersey/ . He was attracted by the punishing defence, the strong running game and a coaching staff he trusted. The 49ers announced Thursday that Manningham had signed a two-year deal to join the team he helped knock out in the NFC championship game two months ago in their latest offensive upgrade at wide receiver. Tyreke Evans Jersey . Starters, when they struggle, have to live with it for five days. For Sergio Santos and Steve Delabar, two of the three men who authored one of the ugliest pitched innings in Blue Jays franchise history on Thursday night, the bounce-back chance came right away. Anthony Davis Pelicans Jersey . Neither side would publicly confirm or deny any discussions were taking place, until the near unexpected happened. On Saturday night sources confirmed to TSN, the league and players agreed to terms on a new, tentative CBA, pending ratification by the unions players. A league source confirmed the CFLs board of governors must also ratify any potential agreement.Joe Root insists he is ready to bat at No 3 when England take on Pakistan in the first Test at Lords, live on Sky Sports, on Thursday. England were left searching for a new No 3 following Nick Comptons break from the sport and the selectors appear to have settled on Root, who has an average of 52.92 from 42 Test matches.Regarding his elevation up the order, Root said: We had a few discussions throughout the season that it could be a possibility moving forward. I think the fact I had quite a long time to think about it, and to chat it over with the selectors, it probably made it a bit easier, rather than being thrown into the role.The way theyve dealt with it has been really good and its given me time to get my head around it.I feel pretty comfortable going into the series and its now just about trying to make sure that moving forward thats something I feel comfortable with and I can keep making big scores and contributing to winning Test matches.However, Root does not believe his promotion in the batting order will weeaken the team in any way, claiming it gives other players a chance to flourish in the middle order.dddddddddddd Root bats in Centurion earlier this year Someone like Jonny Bairstow would consider himself a middle order batsman anyway, and hes taken his game to another level, Root added.This series here now is a great opportunity for guys to stand up and really put some strong performances in.Guys like James Vince will really be looking forward to getting back out playing red-ball cricket again. Hes got a little bit of experience under his belt and will gain confidence from that. Also See: David Lloyd Bob Willis Ballance surprised by recall Finn a big player for England Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

2016-12-10 03:25:18

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer